I really love this dress! Even though it is one of only few polyester garments that I have ever made – usually I choose natural fibers or viscose and types – the style, the color and the comfort of this dress are just perfect!
This dress started as a piece of fabric that I bought from Minerva crafts online store back in spring during my first proper fabric haul. I was purchasing this fabric with particular McCall’s pattern in mind – owned the pattern already and figured that it should be a perfect match. However it took half a year for this planned item to get worked on.
It was a pleasure to sew this dress! No fuss whatsoever. The pattern was rather simple and worked really well, the fabric was easy to handle. I did not have to perform anything new – already had experience with the lining, the zipper and gathered skirts.
Probably the only peculiar part of the process was related with the sleeves. The pattern called for short sleeves, whereas I needed them long as this was supposed to be a cold weather dress. Decided to gather them close to the hem and for that needed to neatly install a narrow casing for the elastic. All went as planned and I was very pleased with the end result. Love wearing it with the leather jacket and heavy boots. However it looks very well in combination with high heels too.
I used McCall’s pattern M8032 and chose to make view B. Self-drafted the bottom of the sleeves. I needed 3 meters (of 115 cm width) of the polyester fabric called Celine vintage style lace jacquard from Minerva Crafts and viscose lining for the bodice of the dress. Other notions were thread and an invisible zipper. This dress cost me 33 EUR. It was made in October 2020.
Let’s all stay healthy! 🤍