My start with proper sewing was slow – first I made few tops, then few simple dresses. Quality was average and at the time I was not super excited about my performance. Trousers at that time seemed as something probably too complex. Then I saw an absolutely gorgeous jumpsuit featured in Burda 2020/06 magazine, and luckily, the pattern was accompanied with the tutorial section, which absolutely invited to try. Jumpsuit was flowy, light and very much summery, and I just went ahead with it.
I bought somewhat similar viscose fabric as was showcased in the magazine. The jumpsuit had only few pattern pieces which was quite a relief. After all, I decided to make the upper part lined so that the belt pieces would not show an exposed wrong side of the fabric. Had to figure out how to nicely assemble the bodice as, in fact, it was my first attempt in lining anything. Youtube helped, and I was very much pleased with the result.
I ended up having to make few adjustments. Waist elastic was too long for me as per description, had to shorten it. Had to redo the hem of the pants few times – was difficult to decide on the appropriate length of the jumpsuit. After all, I ended up making a narrow hem and leaving the pants as long as I possibly could.
The fabric is flowy viscose, I used 2.25 m of the fabric, including the lining which was not included in the meterage indicated in the instructions. The pattern is from Burda 2020/06 magazine #101. This garment cost me 29 EUR, which includes the fabric, thread and elastic. It was made in July, 2020.
I was very much happy with the end result. Maybe that is even too fancy a garment to wear often. I wore it to the summer opera event which was taking place outside, and also to the Sunday brunch. Am sure that I will happily wear it next summer as well!
Let’s all stay healthy! 🤍